Drinking on the Go...



These days there are almost too many keep cups, metal water bottles, and reusable coffee receptacles on the market to choose from, so I thought I'd put my two cents in about which of these I use and why.

For water, I use the 9oz (270ml) Corkcicle Classic Canteen in Gloss Turquoise. I picked this up in an independent shop in Brighton over a year ago now, and it's still as good as the day I got it. It can be used for both cold and hot drinks, but I've chosen just to use it as a water bottle after trying it for both as it kept my hot drinks a bit too undrinkably hot all day. Unfortunately the outside is starting to scratch, but not as quickly as other bottles I've picked up from highstreet stores have for me in the past. I've never had an issue with it leaking, and it cleans well. A bottle brush and some bicarb is all you need if it starts to look a little iffy inside. A definite recommendation!

When it comes to a hot drink, I've 'borrowed' by boyfriend's 12oz JOCO Cup in Mood Indigo. This was a present for him from me a few years back for him to take to classes, but now he works in an environment where they're not allowed to bring in food or drink, it's back in my possession. Hooray for me! In an ideal world, I'd like a coffee cup with a full lid so I can throw it into my bag when I go out (the JOCO cup isn't fully-sealed and has a hole to drink through at the top, like a standard takeaway coffee cup), but waste not want not. This was in the cupboard and it serves a purpose for me. My advice if you are thinking of getting a JOCO cup is not to fill it up too high, especially if you're going to be going in a car or bus, as the movement will cause some spillage out of the top. I like taking my cup out on a walk with me so I can keep nice and warm, and I can pop it in my pocket when I'm done (as long as it can stay upright). My mum's advice on this was to bring some tissue or other fabric out to pop in when the drink's done to sop up anything that might leak before putting it in your bag, so I'm going to give that a go the next time I'm out.

Comments